Saturday, August 4, 2012

New Healthy Recipes/Tofu Chocolate Cake

I have found an app called Spark Recipes on my iPhone and I am so happy I got it! I highly recommend it for anyone who is trying to eat healthier. The recipes seem so easy and there are so many! It also gives you the nutritional values on each recipe and people give suggestions how to tweak each recipe in their reviews. 
Tonight I decided to try and make the Tofu Chocolate Cake. Sounds nasty I know! I thought the same. But I went and got the stuff from our local Sprouts store and made the cake. Turned out YUMMY! A friend, who I told was a regular cake, loved it and didn't even notice a difference. He was shocked when I told him there was tofu in it! LOL! I didn't put icing on it so honestly it looks like brownies. I'm sure tomorrow my kids won't even notice a difference either. I used tofu and a cake mix that was sugar free and gluten free. Yet it still tasted sweet! I will post the recipe below this post. I was a little upset to see that my sister was kind of arguing with me saying there's no way it's healthy since it is cake. Yes it's still starch, BUT it doesn't have sugar, it doesn't have gluten, eggs, oil, etc. It has way less calories as well! So it may not be COMPLETELY healthy but it IS HEALTHIER! My kids love brownies and sweets(who's doesn't right?!) , and I know I'll feel better watching them eat this cake knowing they're not loading themselves up with all those other ingredients. I will post recipes as I try them from now on. I won't be able to start new recipes until next weekend unfortunately since I already did my grocery shopping for this whole week(before I found this app). 

Tofu Chocolate Cake:

Ingredients:
1 box super moist chocolate cake mix(gluten free)
1-300g block of soft/dessert tofu
1/2 cup water

Directions:
Mix together tofu and cake mix. 
Once mixed add in water and stir until smooth. 
Pour into baking dish(will be thick so you may need to smooth it flat with a spatula).
Cook according to directions on the cake mix box, depending on what type of dish you use. 


**DO NOT add the oil/egg/whatever else the cake mix box says you need-the tofu takes place of all these!**


ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment