Thursday, June 2, 2011

I Miss The Old Tymes

I remember being a kid and being able to play outside without supervision, ride my bike all around town, stay out after dark, etc. Times sure have changed when it comes to our children. The weird thing is I miss the old times and wish my son could have the same kind of childhood, but I'm one of those parents who are a little over protective! I don't let my son go outside and dig in the dirt, I don't let him out of my sight, or climb trees like a monkey, etc. How is it that I feel one way and do the other?! I want my boys to have a wonderful childhood that they can look back to and laugh and smile like I do. 

I took my boys to the pool yesterday and I was stressed the entire time!! Scared one of them were going to drown. My youngest is only 5 months old and when my husband would hold him I found myself constantly saying "Don't Drop Him!". My oldest is almost 6 and I still have him in floaties and clinging to the wall or myself. WOW!! Right? Am I going nuts or what?! When I was his age my older sister would just throw me into the pool and make me fend for myself. I would never do that to my son or advise anyone else do that to their kids, but that's how it was back then. You either swam or you didn't ever get in the pool. 

I love my kids, I want them to be safe and grow up strong and healthy, and I want them to have a wonderful childhood. I need to work more on that! LOL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment